Monday, November 26, 2012

Why blog

So hubby thinks blogging will be a good outlet for me. He thinks I have Adult ADHD or something. I tried to explain the concept of Mommy Brain, but alas, here I am. I believe the need to organize my thoughts all started about a year ago. Having just returned from vacation with my fiance and his family, I came down with the stomach flu. I was so tired and could not stop retching. So I finally went to the doctor to be tested for the regular flu. My entire life changed as I sat on a paper lined table and the following conversation occurred: "Your pregnancy test was positive" "Um, you have the wrong room. I didn't take one of those." "Remember peeing in a cup?" "Yeah, but that was like for mono or something. I'm not pregnant, that's for someone else." "Deya, it's not mono, you are most definitely pregnant." Long pause for hysterical crying....."I don't know if I should call my fiance or cardiologist!" Not my best reaction to what most parents recall to be one of the best days of their lives. I, however, had not planned on getting pregnant. Not for some time and possibly not ever if my cardiology team at Cleveland Clinic did not agree it was a good idea. I should interject here in case my son ever reads this...yes, you were unplanned. But in the words of Sheryl Crow, "You're My Favorite Mistake". And in the off chance you ever worry we only married due to the pregnancy, you can thank Facebook for forcing the timeline format on Mommy and Daddy's profiles to prove we were engaged long before you came around. So on December 2, 2011, I learned why I would slowly start losing brain cells for the seemingly indefinite future. I quickly caught "Pregnancy Brain" which has now become the a fore mentioned "Mommy Brain". What's next? I'm scared to find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment